WSR PLC is pleased to announce plans for two Living Museum community weekends at Minehead station on the West Somerset Railway.
Sat/Sun 25th/26th July
Sat/Sun 1st/2nd August
(Further dates may be announced dependant on the level of interest shown in these events).
Exact details are still to be confirmed but it is hoped to include the following activities:
- Live Steam Engine performing shunting activities around the station
- Turntable in action: with a steam locomotive being turned 180 degrees
- Shunting competition for children to work out how to shunt wagons
- Visits to engine shed with close inspection of locomotives
- Hourly tours of the Minehead engineering workshops
- Cafes open for sale of refreshments, hot food and drinks
- Burger van available for snacks in the station yard
- Bookshops open for sale of books, magazine, models etc.
- Railway groups selling various items of railwayana
Other options being considered for the weekends include
- Vintage bus rides along Minehead sea front and past Parade shops
- Local musicians playing on the platform
- Punch & Judy shows
- Small model railways layouts (weather permitting)
Entrance tickets are expected to be: £5 per person
Tickets will be bookable in advance online or via contactless purchase on the day.